BBQ Whole Snapper with Nam Jim Sauce
Lunch & Dinner
- ½ large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small green and 1 small ripe mango, peeled and cut into batons
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ large red chilli, very finely sliced lengthways
- small handful mint leaves
- small handful coriander leaves
- 1kg whole snapper, cleaned and scaled
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- lime halves, to garnish
Step by Step Instructions
Combine the zucchini, green and ripe mango, spring onion and chilli in a bowl, then add the herbs and toss together gently. Plate the salad on serving platter and place on the table.
Score the snapper on each side.
On a large plate, rub snapper with the vegetable oil on both sides to coat then season with salt and pepper.
Preheat the barbecue to its hottest setting or place a char-grill plate over high heat. Grill the snapper for five minutes or until just cooked through, turning once.
Remove from the heat, transfer to a large platter and sprinkle fresh coriander and sliced chillies, lime halves to squeeze over.
Serve the snapper with the Nam Jim sauce on the side.