Prawns with The Sticky Pot Double Burn Chilli Tomato Sambal
Lunch & Dinner
- 500 gm raw prawns, peeled, tails removed, and halved lengthwise
- 1 medium brown onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp grated lemongrass
- 8 large ripe tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tbsp The Sticky Pot Double Burn Chilli Jam
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Kecap manis (sweet soy)
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- For garnish; limes halved, Asian fried shallots
Step by Step Instructions
Peel, tail and halve the raw prawns lengthwise.
Add oil to a hot wok, sauté onion until it starts to soften slightly.
Add the ginger, garlic, lemongrass and tomatoes and cook stirring occasionally until the tomatoes break down and the mixture becomes more liquid.
Add the Double Burn Chilli Jam, fish sauce, kecap manis, and tomato ketchup. Mix well and cook until the liquid has reduced by at least a quarter.
Add the prawns and cook until they have just turn crimson in colour (about 3 – 4 minutes).
Serve alongside your favourite rice, garnished with Asian fried shallots and a squeeze of lime on top for a bit of zing and freshness!